Monday, August 20, 2007

Quotes from the past weekend:

From SomePeopleAreOnThePitch:

After reading the match reports for this weekends Premier League matches, some quotes caught my eye.

Some for stating the obvious, some for an interesting spin on things, and some just for the sheer hilarity...

"Do you think my players surround the referee? I have a naive team. We do not have any divers.”
Don’t laugh, but that was said by Jose Mourinho.

"If that's the case then I'm Little Red Riding Hood!”
Liverpool manager Rafe Benitez, in response to the comment above.

"The manager had a lot to say, - I'll leave it at that.”
Nyron Nosworthy on manager Roy Keane after the 3-0 defeat at Wigan.

"People talked us up before the start of the season and that's why it took only four days to bring us down again.”
Under pressure Tottenham manager Martin Jol.

“If you don't keep clean sheets, then you struggle to win football games.”
Sammy Lee, manager of Bottom of the table Bolton.

No comments: